Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Surgery Tues. 6/14 to remove lung mets and pesky node
snowmom60 posted:
So I've been dealing with this cr cancer for 4 yrs now. I was diagnosed from a stage II to a stage IV March of 09' and told I was inoperable. I'm now operable and will be having a lobectomy or the right lung (middle lobe) and wedge removal of the lower lobe next Tuesday. Their also going to remove a node that's been sitting at the base of my trachea for 2 years. I did 21 months chemo, I.M.R.T. and that stupid node is still there. The lung mets went away with the chemo after a couple of months but came back after being off chemo for the past five months. I'm very nervous about the surgery, but very excited to get this junk out of me.

For whoever prays, I would appreciate your prayers for a uncomplicated surgery and recovery.

Terry

brunosbud responded:
Good luck and a speedy recovery! Some amazing clinical trials happening, now...I sense a major treatment breakthrough for stage 4 CR just around the corner. So, hang on and fight hard...And, keep us posted, please.

jbearva responded:
You have our prayers. I too have to go in to take care of a nodule that has been hanging around since the beginning, didn't shrink when I did 17 months of chemo, but grew 10 mm in 2 months off chemo. Let us know how things go!

snowmom60 replied to brunosbud's response:
What kind of major breakthroughs do you think are going to be coming through? I'm fighting hard. I had my surgery and just had my first CT scan since the surgery last Tuesday. Thought, it will be great since they just took everything out right? Wrong:( There's a brand new pretrachial node that went from normal size to 21 mm. Could be inflammation and that's what I'm praying for. I met with the colorectal surgeon and he did an exam. The lymph node that has been in the sacrum for over 2 yrs. (they tried to cyber knife it and didn't kill it) is apparently growing into the rectum from the outside. He thinks I'm going to have to have a permanent colostomy to get that out. I guess if I do, I do., I just want this all done. I'm tired of this roller coaster ride after four years.

snowmom60 replied to jbearva's response:
You have my prayers as well. Those pesky nodules:( Mine shrunk at first with chemo but then ended up coming back. Good luck to you. Make sure you tell them to take as many of the nearby nodes as they can and to look real well at all of them and take any they think look suspiscious. Let us know how it goes.

Your in my prayers:)
Terry
aka snowmom

Helpful Tips

giving blood saved my life
My iron count was too low to give blood. This can come from internal bleeding. I jumped my colonoscopy schedule by 2.5 years. They found a ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center