Skip to content
Ostomy questions, Please Help
scooterdog999 posted:
My Mom recently had an an ostomy bag tied in to the small intestine. We seem to be having a problem with the Coloplast bags seeping where they attach to the patch. Is this common? The Hollister brand from the hospital don't seem to have that problem, but have less features on them. Being new to this, we could use some advice.

cjtigers responded:
I also use coloplast bags, but it took me awhile to figure out what worked best for me. I've had my colostomy for just over a year now and it has gotten a little easier to deal with. Don't get me wrong, I still have the occassional leakage and skin irritation, but it's much better than before. I found that calling coloplast and speaking to one of their reprsentatives very helpful. They answered many questions and suggested a few things that seemed to work better for me, plus they'll send you free samples of different bag styles and products that they think might help. Hang in there, I know it's not fun, but a necessary evil for some of us.

Helpful Tips

Tip Title
Please, if your husband is having rectal bleeding please get him a colonoscopy asap...My husband was diagnoased just a year ago with no ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center