Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Colon cancer
Billyray1341 posted:
I had stage 3 colon cancer last year as of march2011 and today I found out I got stage 4 cancer and 12 out of 19 lympnodes was postive with cancer and now they calling it metialic diease because he have already spread and my dr plans are to do surgery and start chemo and my life depends on how I react yo the chemo

theloveofmylife responded:
my husband started off the same way, Stage 3 and did everything he was suppose to do, 5 FU chemo for 6weeks and 28 radiation treatments, then 8 weeks off to recover before surgury, then bam, surgury then told devasting news the cancer spread into his liver with 4 lesions and that the treatments did not work at all, that was March 2011, and in July he had liver surgury to remove all liver lesions and now there was too many to count on right side of liver so they opted to remove only the 2 on left side of liver. On Aug 12 he finds out results of ct scan from Aug 10 to see if he is still a candidate for liver right side removal then metastatic chemotherapy to aid in prolonging his life. We are praying for a true miracle that he will be a long time survivor, one for the record books, he will be 40 in Sept but everyone tells us 22months to 4 years.He has been so strong thru all of this but i no he is so scared and i am always falling apart when i am alone. I hate cancer so much.I dont understand how this is happening, we are just simple people who work and love their kids, who just wants to grow old together and now everything is unknown,and not fair, why could we have not discovered this before this ugly illness spread. I dont no what we will do if the docors just send him back home on Aug 12 and say there is nothing else to do, so asking for prayers that surgury will be done with positive outcome and that you yourself handle the chemo well and together we kick cancers butt....Prayers to everyone.......

marylyn219 replied to theloveofmylife's response:
My husband was 56 when he was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. He has had 4 reoccurences. You are right this disease is a terrible disease. We were just hard working people and our world was shaken upside down. This is not the road we wanted to take. But after 3 years I have adjusted. I pray that you and your husband will also get to that same place, that we are finally at. But I remember crying every time someone spoke to me about his cancer. I still cry today but it is easier because it has been 3years. His last reoccurence was in his nodes under his arms. Take care of yourself he will need you.

luci608 replied to marylyn219's response:
My husband is 44...diagnosed in Sept 09. Had removal in Jan 2010 after radiation and chemo. Went to ileosotomy until last Dec when he had it reversed. Long recovery with many complications...and we just got a word after his last blood test and ct scan that the prostate is now affected. Trying to be hopeful and strong, but am so tired and scared inside. It helps to read others' stories and hear supportive words.

Helpful Tips

giving blood saved my life
My iron count was too low to give blood. This can come from internal bleeding. I jumped my colonoscopy schedule by 2.5 years. They found a ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center