Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help! I fear for my mom's life!
Luis718 posted:
Ok, my mom and I were at jack-n-the-box and we both ordered the spicy chicken, before eating, she was fine & healthy. Immediately after eating, she said she didn't feel so good, and she keep going to the bathroom way to many times for it to be normal. she said it was just diarreah and we brushed it off as the food being bad. That was yesterday. Today she told me that in the morning she had gone to the bathroom, and felt like it was just diarreah, but when she wiped and looked down she said there was no stool, it was all blood! she said this happened around 6:30am and then again at 7:30am, she didn't eat at all today, for fear of going to the bathroom. She went to doctor, and she said they stuck something up her rectum for further analysis, that they asked her if there was ever any family history of people with cancer, the answer was no. The doctor also asekd if she felt any pain, and she said no. The doctor said that it was good that there wasn't any family history of cancer, then he said it could be colon cancer, irratations or cuts in the rectum walls. My mom, says she doesn't feel any pain, yet she feels uncomfortable in the area below her belly button and above here groin area, my guess where the uterus must be. The results of the various tests are supposed to be given either tomorrow or sometime this week. She was fine yesterday before eating at the restaurant, and suddenly she is defecating blood! I am really scared for her, I'm 17 and barely on my way to college. I don't know what I will do without her. Please, please, please, if there is anyone out there who can help or has an idea of what it is, please reply back. I hope it is not cancer

Thank You.

cjtigers responded:
Hi Luis718, I don't blame you for being so worried about your mom. Those are serious symptoms, but she's doing the right thing by going to the doctor right away. You just have to be kind of patient, all of these tests take time. Even if it turns out to be cancer, God forbid, it doesn't mean it's an automatic death sentence. I was diagnosed with colon cancer in Jan of 2010, went through surgery, chemo and radiation and I am happy to report that I am now cancer free! Good luck and let us know how she's doing.

Luis718 replied to cjtigers's response:
Thanks, and yeah I'm really worried, today they performed more tests on her, and they think it could be hemmorroids or anemia, or something, but they don't want to say for sure yet. Apparently my mom had anemia since 2005, but no one ever told her. Not even at the clinic.

Helpful Tips

giving blood saved my life
My iron count was too low to give blood. This can come from internal bleeding. I jumped my colonoscopy schedule by 2.5 years. They found a ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center