Skip to content
ADJUVANT CANCER TREATMENT
JANNEB posted:
HI I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH A CANCEROUS TUMER IN MY LOWER COLON IN FEB OF 2011. I UNDERWENT A MONTH OF RADIATION AND HAD A CHEMO PUMP WITH 5FU FOR 30 DAYS. I THEN HAD SURGERY TO REMOVE THE TUMOR AND THEY FOUND NO LYMPH NODE INVOLVENT.THE TUMOR SHRUNK DRAMATICALLY BUT THEY DID NOT STAGE IT.(MY GUESS IS IT WAS NOT EVEN A II) MY RECOVERY WAS GOOD. MY ONCOLOGIST SAID THE STANDARD OF CARE IS 12 TREATMENTS OF CHEMO AFTER.THEY GAVE ME CREDIT FOR 4 BECAUSE I HAD CHEMO DURING RADIATION. I TOOK TWO MORE TREATMENTS AND THE SIDE EAFFECTS WERE SO INTENSE THAT I STOPPED. MY SURGEON SAID HE GOT ALL OF TUMOR AND THEN SOME. I AM DEALING WITH SOME BOWL ISSUES BUT THEY ARE WORKING THEMSELVES OUT. MY MAIN ISSSUE NOW IS TAILBONE PAIN. THE ONCOLOGIST SAID IT IS DUE TO THE SURGERY MY REGULAR DR SAID IT IS FROM THE RADIA ION (THE SURGERY WAS JUNE 2ND.) I WONDER IF ANYONE ELSE HAS THIS ISSUE. I DID HAVE ONE INJECTION OF NEULASTA BUT THAT PAIN WAS DIFFERENT. ANY SUGGESTIONS THANKS

Helpful Tips

giving blood saved my life
My iron count was too low to give blood. This can come from internal bleeding. I jumped my colonoscopy schedule by 2.5 years. They found a ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center