Skip to content
Guidelines
Californiawoman posted:
Do I need a colonoscopy? I have no gastroenterological symptoms, eat little junk food, no elimination problems, am 74, with atrial fibrilation, taking anti-coagulant meds. I had a sigmoidoscopy over ten years ago, no problems, but was not on the medication then. Is this screening wise?

Anon_88392 responded:
I am not knocking any of the other folks in this chat section, BUT, unless they personally know your medical history and have a shingle they can put out, are a doctor, I would say this is a bad place to ask for full medical advice. You can safely get good examples and stories of what other people have gone thru, but, sound medical advice - I'd recommend at least calling you doctor on questions like that. There used to be a doctor that followed along here too but we lost that option a while back. G'luck on your decision.

Helpful Tips

Tip Title
Please, if your husband is having rectal bleeding please get him a colonoscopy asap...My husband was diagnoased just a year ago with no ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center