Skip to content
how to use
korzyniowski posted:
Could some tell me how to use this website please? I just wrote a long post but I do not see it anywhere. Thanks..

cjtigers responded:
Let me reassure you, you are not alone. I was diagnosed with rectal cancer at the age of 47. I ended up with a permanent colostomy and am living with the physical results from the chemo and the radiation. I am in remission now, but have had to go thru hernia surgery as a result of my colostomy only a year after my initial cancer surgery. I still have aches and pains too just like you. You sound like you're really depressed, have you talked to your dr about this? Medication does help, believe me. I go to a support group a few times a month, that helps tremendously too. Please hang in there. I know life is really hard right now, but you'll get thru this.

korzyniowski replied to cjtigers's response:
HI There

Thanks for responding. I went back and re-read my post and thought, no one will respond to that! Must have been a really bad day. I actually have been working with my depression ie low levels of serotonin et al for some time. Been trying to treat it with a neuro-chemical regime that is prescribed and monitored by the neuroscience institute, kind of alternative.
I actually broke down and got a prescription for Celexa last week but am really concerned about some of the side effects. As a result I have not taken it. In my opinion, even one of the relatively common side effects could be disastrous for me. Are you female? A huge percentage of my issues are due to induced menopause. However, the things that are most pressing at this point are related to anal and rectal function. I know that sounds bad since you lost yours. I have mine but they are malfunctioning! Alas...Have you found a good support group? I did find one here in NH for survivors of female cancers and anal cancers but it is ending due to lack of interest. Why were we not told we would live in pain after the treatment?
Too many questions, I guess. Thanks for responding. I sincerely appreciate it. It is comforting to know I am not alone.

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center