Skip to content
Colon Surgery
1938Jenny posted:
My husband is facing colon surgery for a thickened fold, that had a growth on it, they cartirized it two years ago, It was the kind that can turn to cancer, since then it has grown back and Doctor is wanted to go in there and cut five to six inches out.
Has anyone had this type of surgery? We are scared and don't reall know what to expect, husband is 79 yrs old.
Please answer, if you know anything about this.

bbbaaammm responded:
I understand how unsettling it is to be facing colon surgery, but the good news it, that it doesn't look like cancer. I had 15 inches removed in 2006, and now I have something showing up on a CT scan that is 19mm. Have not seen the oncologist yet to get her view on what should be done. Anyway, getting back to surgery. It will probably be done laproscopically. Healing time is quick, and if it is not cancer, he will not have to have chemo. Think positive and try to keep his spirits up. Prayer always helps.
Blessings,
Barbara

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center