Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
RECTAL Cancer - Mom
An_243613 posted:
My mom,65 years old was recently diagnose with rectal cancer. She had a CT scan and blood work done last week to find out what stage and the treatment plans. We will have a surgeon and oncologist appointment next week. I am so scared to find out. Please help me and give me advices. The anxiety is too much!

Take the Poll

• yes
  • no
vote
View Poll Results

46Hope responded:
It is scary I myself was diagnose with colorectal c. 2010 at age 446. The tests u have done r standard to at least choose the bbest treatment 4 your mom. With the surgeon I advice to ask all the questions that come to mind such the size of the lump, its exact location, the size of the colon section he thinks hhas to be remove etc. With the oncologist ask what type of chemotherapy he/she recommeds(infusion or tablets and why). Do not forget very important to pray, always keep the lord close to u. You r your mom's eyes and ears be strong 4 her.Good luck. God be with u.

Sofia0630 replied to 46Hope's response:
Thank u so much 46Hope for your reply. CT scan result showed metastasis on liver. Can u tell me about your colorectal cancer journey. Is there hope??? We are meeting with surgeon and oncologist tomorrow.

Rascal101 replied to Sofia0630's response:
Can you tell us how your appt. went? What did they say about the liver? My MIL has an appt next week and we're so nervous!

Helpful Tips

giving blood saved my life
My iron count was too low to give blood. This can come from internal bleeding. I jumped my colonoscopy schedule by 2.5 years. They found a ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center