Skip to content
Colonoscopy
Swthmal posted:
I had a colon resection 5 months ago for a precancerous polyp. My Dr. wants to do a follow up colonoscopy next month although I am not having any problems or symptoms. I am 66 years old and on Medicare. They covered the original colonoscopy, biopsy and surgery. My questions are: do I need another colonoscopy so soon and will Medicare cover it? They told me they only cover them every 24 months.

46Hope responded:
I think follows up are important, if medicare only cover them every 24 months then u will have to find a way to pay for it, remember is your health, you can not play with this disease it needs to be monitored very close. Ask the hospital if they can give u a discount. I hope everything work out for u.

ike1954 responded:
You might want to talk to your doc about a flexible
sygmoidoscopy(-10sp) (flex syg for short).
This may not cover what he wants to keep and eye on but if it does - it is cheaper, and is a different exam that Medicare may then cover?. G'luck

Ike

Helpful Tips

Tip Title
Please, if your husband is having rectal bleeding please get him a colonoscopy asap...My husband was diagnoased just a year ago with no ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center