Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pancreatic tumor with scar tissue
joshwood posted:
My dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer6 months ago, based on bloodwork and an ultrasound they gave him 6 months to live... When his biopsy came back it said NOT CANCER, the PET scan said it WAS cancer... he went in for the Whipple surgery 4 months ago to have the tumor removed... after cutting him open, the doctor came to the conclusion that it really WAS cancer and did more biopsies and sewed him back up without removing the tumor... one biopsy came back NOT CANCER and the other came back saying it WAS CANCER.. the reason the other biopsies came back as it not being cancer is because he has so much cancer tissue around this tumor... the doc also said it was inoperable because it had attached to the main artery to the liver.. after some time the tumor has grown a little but STILL HAS NOT SPREAD!!! every doctor he has talked to said chemo wouldn't help him because of the cancer tissue..
Give me some suggestions about it.

Helpful Tips

giving blood saved my life
My iron count was too low to give blood. This can come from internal bleeding. I jumped my colonoscopy schedule by 2.5 years. They found a ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center