Skip to content
Colon Cancer Prognosis
nnnjoe7 posted:
I underwent a colon re-section with 50% of my colon being removed due to adenocarcinoma (Hagitts's Stage I). Thereafter, I underwent Chemotherapy with 5FU and Oxalipaltin. Had five cycles, which ended in Jul 2011. I now have numbness beneath my feet, feels like there are sand grains in my socks and shoes. Is there any remedy for that?

I have irregular bowel movements. I wake up at odd hours to go to the toilet. Stools seem normal. There is lack of sleep and slight pain below my right rib cage especially when lying down. CEA is normal. Haven't gone for any check-up yet. What are the chances of a metastasis in the liver?

46Hope responded:
Pain below your rigth rib u need to talk to your Dr. If your CEA is normal do not think of metastasis is not easy but try, your state of mind is important we can go crazy thinking the worse!! Be positive and see your Dr. Blessings.

nnnjoe7 replied to 46Hope's response:
Thank you very much. I'll be visiting a doc soon.

Helpful Tips

Tip Title
Please, if your husband is having rectal bleeding please get him a colonoscopy asap...My husband was diagnoased just a year ago with no ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center