Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Just Found Out I Have Colon Cancer
An_251053 posted:
I am scared but trying to be up beat. Removing 1 1/2 feet of my colon on April 12tth. They told me that I have to stay in the hospital for four days. One cancerous polop and that's all it takes. I had a total of five. The four were okay it was the fifth one that was attached to the wall of the colon. I guess that is why they have to remove part of my colon???? Please pray for me since I'm not great with bad news. thank you...........Shirl

KerryBlu responded:
I just went thru that January 31st. Luckily, and hopefully for you, the surgeon was able to "resection" the colon rather than me having to have the bag. It's scary, but I healed fairly easy from the actual surgery. I had great hospital in-care and did exactly what the surgeon recommended when I came home. Main thing in the hospital (to help overcome the surgery) is to WALK. It hurts terribly the first time you stand up, but trust me on this -- walking IS the answer. The nurses will assist you, but you'll soon find you're strong enough to walk the halls solo. I believe in prayer, Shirl...and I'll be praying for you and watching for updates!!! I want to know what Stage it is after the biopsy, I'm Stage IIIc ... and would love to walk with you on this new journey!!!

46Hope responded:
Thank God u got a resction in my case I have a bag. Follow Dr. instructions and u will be fine, be patience with yourself, remember eveything in life takes time,so one day at a time. God love u so much. I will pray for u .

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center