Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
COLON CANCER SPREAD TO LUNGS
MERRYJD posted:
MY HUSBAND IS 71YRS OLD(APR. 29) HE HAS HAD COLON CANCER DIAGNOSED IN MARCH 2011 AND SURGERY ON MAR. 17, 20011 HE HAS BEEN ON CHEMO SINCE MAY 2011 AND HAS HAD SEVERAL PET SCANS THE LATEST MAR 18, 2013 SHOWED A NEW GROWTH IN THE LUNGS WHICH CAME UP IN THREE MONTHS TIME THE DEC 18, 2012 PET SCAN SHOWED NO GROWTH. THE DR. HAS PRESENTED US WITH DIRE PREDICTIONS CALLED HIM "CRITICAL" AND WHEN I ASKED IF HE WILL BE AROUND FOR OUR 50TH ANNV. MAY 2014 HE SAID POSSIBILITY. IS THERE REALLY KNOW HOPE ? WOULD I BE WRONG TO TAKE HIM TO SLOAN KETERING (WE LIVE IN QUEENS NEW YORK) OR SHOULD I REMAIN WITH MY PRESENT ONCOLOGIST I'M DESPERATE FOR ANSWERS TIME IS RUNNING OUT I ALSO CALLED CANCER CARE IN PHIL/ PA. WE'RE NOT ELIG BECAUSE WE ARE NY RES WITH MEDICARE AND ONLY PA ARE ELIGIBLE

Helpful Tips

giving blood saved my life
My iron count was too low to give blood. This can come from internal bleeding. I jumped my colonoscopy schedule by 2.5 years. They found a ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center