Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Colonoscopy
Anon_182278 posted:
I hate the thought of having this procedure done, because of all the stuff you have to clean yourself out with, but my healthcare provider has been after me to have it done. I'm over 60 now. In the past, when I was younger I had all these tests done, (barrium enemas, 2 sigmoidoscopies, a flexi, a colonoscopy and ct scan, (9 yrs. ago) and they always showed clean. Is there any other type of procedure that can be done, such as an MRI? Thanx for your feedback. -Kt

brunosbud responded:
What you're really asking, "Is there a difference between 'circumstantial evidence' and 'smoking gun'?"

...It depends who you ask.

Anon_182278 replied to brunosbud's response:
Thought this would've been a good place to ask. A simple answer would have sufficed. Thank you.

Junebugjelly responded:
To date, I don't think they have come up with anything that works as well as a colonoscopy. However, I do believe that the stuff you have to take beforehand has been improved, like you can take pills instead of drinking that nasty yucky stuff. But one way or another you need to have your colon clean to have a good colonoscopy.

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

it worked for me!
My husband died 2/3/4 of colon cancer. August 2011 I became vegan on a dare and 2/3 12 I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I was surprised! ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center