Skip to content
Metastatic colon cancer to the liver
CaBikerider posted:
I was diagnosed with stage 3 colorectal cancer in late 2011. Went through six weeks of chemo and radiation early 2012. Shrunk considerably. Decided to go natural and was feeling good the rest of the year. Early March, started to have the following: insomnia, back and chest pain, shortness of breath. Was told by my GP it was anemia and started iron pills. Helped for a bit and finally mid April, went to the ER and discovered fluid in the right lung. Removed it but the lung wouldn't expand. Why? Liver expanded and was preventing it.

Saw the oncologist and it is incurable but I just finished the first two week xeloda run and I move better, less tired, shoulder pain gone and the pain on the right side which is the classic sign of liver cancer(didn't know at the time) almost gone.

Had a portacatheter put in the other day.

Side effects: constipation, back pain and some insomnia.

Get the right care team including palliative care and you have a chance. The oncologist is willing to discuss adapting the xeloda. The palliative care doc is very helpful.

Really looking forward to my week vacation from xeloda to see if the side effects subside.

Anyone out there going through the same thing, let's talk.

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center