Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
mom
crystal1966 posted:
We were just told my mom has 2nd stage colon cancer they also found small spots on her lung I need someone to tell me whats she gonna go though and what do I need to prepare myself for plz someone explain to me whats gonna happen and if she has a good chance of beating this!!!!

junebugjelly responded:
Yes she has a good chance of beating this!!!!! I was diagnosed with Stage IV rectal cancer November 2004 and I am cancer free today.

First of all I would suggest that she get a second opinion. They need to determine if the spots on her lung are matastasized colon cancer and if it is than I would think that it is Stage IV instead of Stage 2. My colon cancer had matastasized to one lobe of my liver and also to the middle lobe of my right lung. In colon cancer when it has traveled to other organs in is Stage IV. My own experience was radiation in the beginning and chemo to shrink the tumor before surgery so they wouldn't have to cut out so much good tissue, several surgeries, healing, chemo afterwards. It is a hard battle but one that she can win. She will probably need some help and assistance during the chemo and recovering from surgery. Give her a good loving support system and that is half the battle!

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center