Skip to content
Why not just do a colonoscopy
An_252066 posted:
If a child has stomach issues for several years why make them go thru all the unnessary tests that don't tell anything. My 16 year old has undergone all kinds of tests, and they all come back normal, yet he wakes up most mornings sick to his stomach and throwing up sometimes for a day and sometimes for 7 days. He ended up in the hospital a few months ago dehydrated had to give him IV. When my son was 4 he was bleeding so much for the rectum the doctor kept saying that it was nothing until he had a bowel movement at the doctor's office. They finally did a colonoscopy on him and they removed a polyp. He has been sick off and on since then and at 16 it is getting worse. Doctors always say that its acid reflex disease, the stomach flu or some kind of virus. He did have another colonoscopy yesterday we wont know until we get bios back but now they are saying he might have crohns disease. If they would have done this a few years back then my son would not have had to be so sick all the time. I just need to find out what this could be.

Helpful Tips

giving blood saved my life
My iron count was too low to give blood. This can come from internal bleeding. I jumped my colonoscopy schedule by 2.5 years. They found a ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center