Cancer?
An_252067 posted:
I had a colonoscopy a year ago and it was negative for cancer. I've been sick with an unexplained fever for over a month and a couple of symptoms. Could this be cancer this soon?

georgiagail responded:
A fever would imply an infection somewhere; not a cancer.

Gail

jlb13 replied to georgiagail's response:
Everything else has been checked. I'm at risk because my Mother had colon cancer. I know it grows from a polyp and takes several years. should have just asked if it always starts with a polyp.
Thank you

georgiagail replied to jlb13's response:
No, it doesn't always start with a polyp. Most polyps are benign (non-cancerous). There are some types that are more prone to have a greater chance of eventually developing into a cancer.

If a polyp is removed during a colonoscopy it is biopsied to determine what type it is and if it's the type that has a greater risk of later become cancerous the recommendation is for more screening tests down the road.

Gail

sam1985 replied to georgiagail's response:
Read more: http://www.empowereddoctor.com/8019/cancer-treatment-center-tulsa/

riverratttt47w responded:
not sure but I had upper and lower done couple years ago and was told I was fine and about 8 months later I started losing weight and getting sick but doc kept saying I was fine as I have cirrhosis for some time now but I kept getting worse over time so I went to my old GI doc and he went down again and found a cancerous tumor that he removed in july of this year and still having troubles do Encronolgist sent me for full body scan and I just got called last week that cancer has spread to my lower. this is all new to me and I am lost as to what is even in my future with this but I see cancer doc for first time next Tuesday. wish you the best and in my prayers