Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cancer?
An_252067 posted:
I had a colonoscopy a year ago and it was negative for cancer. I've been sick with an unexplained fever for over a month and a couple of symptoms. Could this be cancer this soon?

georgiagail responded:
A fever would imply an infection somewhere; not a cancer.

Gail

jlb13 replied to georgiagail's response:
Everything else has been checked. I'm at risk because my Mother had colon cancer. I know it grows from a polyp and takes several years. should have just asked if it always starts with a polyp.
Thank you

georgiagail replied to jlb13's response:
No, it doesn't always start with a polyp. Most polyps are benign (non-cancerous). There are some types that are more prone to have a greater chance of eventually developing into a cancer.

If a polyp is removed during a colonoscopy it is biopsied to determine what type it is and if it's the type that has a greater risk of later become cancerous the recommendation is for more screening tests down the road.

Gail

sam1985 replied to georgiagail's response:
Read more: http://www.empowereddoctor.com/8019/cancer-treatment-center-tulsa/

riverratttt47w responded:
not sure but I had upper and lower done couple years ago and was told I was fine and about 8 months later I started losing weight and getting sick but doc kept saying I was fine as I have cirrhosis for some time now but I kept getting worse over time so I went to my old GI doc and he went down again and found a cancerous tumor that he removed in july of this year and still having troubles do Encronolgist sent me for full body scan and I just got called last week that cancer has spread to my lower. this is all new to me and I am lost as to what is even in my future with this but I see cancer doc for first time next Tuesday. wish you the best and in my prayers

Helpful Tips

giving blood saved my life
My iron count was too low to give blood. This can come from internal bleeding. I jumped my colonoscopy schedule by 2.5 years. They found a ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center