Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Precancerous Polyp
LynneChilds posted:
My doctor diagnosed me in Sept 2011 with a mild precancerous polyp in my colon and it was removed during my colonoscopy. Once it was removed, I was diagnosed with gastroparesis and I've been going through my bouts of nausea, diarrhea and severe cramping in my upper pit of my stomach. Well, my concern with the precancerous polyp that was removed is that my doctor recommended a MRI for my liver. The specs lit up all over my liver, but it's too small to detect on an ultrasound. He forwarded my MRI to Duke University to get a second opinion, but Duke wasn't sure either. So, I must repeat another MRI on June 5th 2013 for once again my liver. I've been repeating this MRI exactly every six months. I'm wondering whether this "precancerous" polyp actually spread to my liver and no one isn't saying any thing or it's too small to detect right now? I'm having uncontrolled bowel movements and vomiting and so far I'm puzzled.

grandmasus responded:
I hope by now you have some answers! I had colon-rectal cancer in 2002. They removed a large polyp. The cancer was in the stem of the polyp so I had to have surgery. They removed 2/3 of my rectum and 18" of my colon. After that I always had problems with leakage from my bowels until I started eating yogurt everyday. That helped tremendously! I am no doctor but it doesn't sound like the polyp has anything to do with your liver. I am having problems now with hurting & bloating after I eat, nausea & change in bowel habits. I did research on here & the docs what tests I wanted run. I am not due another colonoscopy until 2015 but I insisted on having one. The abdomen CT I asked for showed I had a fatty liver and it also showed a condition with my gallbladder. Duke is a great hospital & that would certainly be my choice. I am now going to talk with a surgeon about my gallbladder & having a colonoscopy in the next month. I do pray you are better now & they have found your problems & they are not serious.

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center