Skip to content
Where can I get screened for cancer if I have no insurance?
truthautomatic posted:
My aunt died a month ago from lung cancer. Since then I've been stressed since I am having digestive problems and lower abdominal pain. I am 23 and I have been having inconsistent stools for that past 2-3 months. Either not a lot, a lot of diarrhea, and recently bad constipation. I know it could be from many factors, and cancer is rare at a young age, but I am really stressed and just want some peace of mind. Can anyone help me out? I live in the SF Bay Area.

georgiagail responded:
You would make an appointment with a Gastroenterologist to discuss these symptoms. They may not take you if you have no insurance.

Gail

livingwithlynch responded:
I would seek out a gastro appointment as mentioned. There are programs in various areas to help with payment of colonoscopies or reduced prices for those without insurance that are safe and reliable. It could just be stress as well as other life situations/eating habits - but it should be checked.
colonoscopyassist.com

I am a colon cancer survivor and have Lynch Syndrome- which puts you at a higher risk of colon cancer. Do you know your family history when it comes to cancer? Other than the lung cancer of your Aunt mentioned above? Age doesn't matter - if you have concerns you should seek medical advice- I was 36 when I was diagnosed and I know others your age.
you can email me @ 365daysoflivingwithlynch@gmail.com

Helpful Tips

giving blood saved my life
My iron count was too low to give blood. This can come from internal bleeding. I jumped my colonoscopy schedule by 2.5 years. They found a ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center