Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Poop problems need help
    streets44241 posted:
    Hi i am male 33 years old. whenever i poop there is a flap of skin or muscle trying to come out of my anus. this happens only when i try to force the poop out. it retracts in when i touch it or when i start cleaning my anus, because of this i always having a feeling that my bowl is not completely empty. this just started 3 or 4 months ago.
    georgiagail responded:
    This sounds like a hemorrhoid issue.

    streets44241 replied to georgiagail's response:
    But it does not hurt me in any way. I am guessing that the hemorrhoid hurt during the excretion process.
    georgiagail replied to streets44241's response:
    No, a hemorrhoid does not have to hurt. A hemorrhoid is simply just an blood vessel that is enlarged and pushed out of the anus with the force of pushing during the straining of a bowel movement. It does not have to either hurt or bleed.

    junebugjelly responded:
    You should go to the doctor and get it checked out.
    streets44241 replied to georgiagail's response:
    Thanks for the advice guys

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center