Skip to content
can radiation affect the sciatic nerve?
niddynoddy posted:
I was recently diagnosed with anal cancer and just completed my first week of radiation and chemo. When I got home Thursday from radiation I had the worst lower back pain that I have ever had! The pain radiated from my lower back down through my buttocks and around and down the front of my thighs. I couldn't sit, stand, or lay down. My dh took me into urgent care and they gave me a stronger pain pill but even that didn't help. I finally searched the internet found that simple ibuprofen (Advil or Aleve) and hot and cold packs works . But is it possible that the radiation could affect the nerves?

sam1985 responded:
Yes this treatment has some negative health consequences.

undefined replied to sam1985's response:
Yes. I have drop foot as a result of radiation. It is being treated with physical therapy and a brace. Getting a little better

Helpful Tips

it worked for me!
My husband died 2/3/4 of colon cancer. August 2011 I became vegan on a dare and 2/3 12 I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I was surprised! ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center