Skip to content
colonoscopy
stormchaser59 posted:
anyone heard of a young adult female age 25 needing a colonoscopy?

brunosbud responded:
Usually, once past 50 is normally when doctors begin scheduling a colonoscopy but if an individual had multiple Colorectal Cancer High Risk Factors and a family history of cancer or a Fecal Occult Blood Test detected blood in the stool sample, I'd think that would warrant a look-see regardless of age.

schmantzer responded:
Yes, my daughter had a colonoscopy back when she was just 20 or so, and in college. She ended up being diagnosed with Crohn's disease. I later had a diagnosis of colorectal cancer. Crohn's patients are at high risk for that. She's currently 31 and has symptoms like I had at 37. She keeps her Crohn's in remission with a plant based, mostly raw diet and supplements. I am doing the same diet to prevent a recurrence of my cancer..

bbbaaammm responded:
Yes, people younger than 50 can get colon cancer. If her doctor suggested a colonoscopy, I would advise her to have it done. It is probably embarrassing to a 25 year old, but something could be wrong and needs to be checked out.

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center