Skip to content
Lump under the skin in my buttcrack?
supppkayla posted:
First off... I have absolutely NO idea what community this topic would belong in... I honestly don't think I have cancer, but I feel like the colon/butt community might be a good place to start at least?

Okay, so in the shower tonight I was washing my nether region and felt something weird. Under the skin on my left butt cheek, but more in the "crack" area, there's a lump. It's not hard, but not soft either. I felt some pressure when I pushed down on it, but otherwise it is not painful. I honestly have no idea when it even got there, because I just noticed it today.

Could it be irritation from something, or possibly a (gross) pimple? Should I be worried about this?

georgiagail responded:
If it becomes tender, consider this:

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/guide/pilondial-cyst

Gail

whiplash1155 responded:
Friend, I had a growth on my rectum, not on the inside so much but it was like a bad hemorrhoid. It was to the side more than in the middle. I let it go for a few months and when it didn't shrink up I went to have it looked at. It turned out to be colon rectal cancer! So please go have it checked if I would have had mine done when it was first starting instead of treating it like a sore I wouldn't have had to go through chemo and radiation and that is no fun in that area its painfull. But my pride in not wanting to go and drop my pants and worring about doctor bills caused it to get a bigger start on me than it would have been. Thanks and good luck.

Helpful Tips

Colonscopy Prep -- Worked Great
I had a really good experience with my colonoscopy and wanted to advise folks. The day before the procedure only drink clear liquids, ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center