Skip to content
Healthy colon removed
An_255229 posted:
I had a rectal prolapse surgery and the doctor removed 2 feet of healthy colon due to redundancy.
Is this normal? He used mesh to connect and I now have the beginning of another prolapse.
I let the hospital with wet bandages and an infection which was packed for six weeks and turned into a hernia 8.3 cm which required repair. The doctor didn't swab the infection. It feels like something is pulling under the mesh where the hernia was. Could this be my intestines?

Take the Poll

Has anyone experienced a similar situation?
  • Has anyone had similar experience?
  • 24" of healthy colon removed cause issues?
vote
View Poll Results

atti_editor responded:
Hello,

I just wanted to check in and see how you are doing now? Were you able to get in to see your doctor about this? If not and you are still having this feeling. I think it is important you get this looked at.

Best wishes,
Atti

skaadland responded:
My doctor is no longer at the hospital. He failed miserably; in order to try to correct, I could end up w/colostomy. As for the mesh, can this be serious? I have been a guinea pig, in so much pain I am best being still; losing connection w/best grandchildren in world. Where would I go to explain how surgeon used mesh? This is a big city; this all started after we had just moved here, and I've not met the best. Hope you are doing well. Thank you for replying.

Helpful Tips

Colonscopy Prep -- Worked Great
I had a really good experience with my colonoscopy and wanted to advise folks. The day before the procedure only drink clear liquids, ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center