Skip to content
ONE YEAR SINCE DIAGNOSIS 6 MONTHS SINCE SURGERY
Anon_62785 posted:
I have found that my son been to many doctors, had high CEA count but until my family Doctor told him to go to a big hospital with a colol/rectal doctor, to go their emergency. Yes, and 5 days later and biopsy he had cancer. He had been to many hospitals during his long period of the pouch from UC - so it was not a new thing. One hospital in Ohio wanted to do surgery - and if it had been closer that is where we would have gone. My sons surgeon 19 years ago recommended him to one in Baltimore. He had a short period of portable chemo and radiation - and then they did surgery having to do with the pouch a fistula and his tailbone. To me thru all of this is except for one Doctor on the team who literally rebuilt him, none gave any feeling of concern. Like a fish in a pond. His first Doctor was a man who he said was concerned about retaining his manhood so make sure you have a good feeling towards the Doctor - that you are not a number - To me I saw what a difference it made.

Helpful Tips

Tip Title
Please, if your husband is having rectal bleeding please get him a colonoscopy asap...My husband was diagnoased just a year ago with no ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center