Skip to content
incurable metastatic colon cancer
An_256960 posted:
My mother has been battling colon cancer for 7+ yrs. About 6 months ago they told her there was nothing else they could do for her. All treatments had failed her. Now she is on hospice. She has mets in the liver, lungs and vaginal/rectal wall. My question is: Today I noticed Jaundice in the whites of her eyes. Does this mean it probably will not be long until she gets "REAL" bad sick. She has gotten to where we can't get her to eat much of anything. If we can get 500 calories in her we are doing good. Also she seems to be more confused and doing things out of character (walking thru the house half undressed, leaving the bathroom/bedroom door open while she isn't decent). Please can anyone tell me what to expect next?

Helpful Tips

giving blood saved my life
My iron count was too low to give blood. This can come from internal bleeding. I jumped my colonoscopy schedule by 2.5 years. They found a ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center