Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Stage 4 colon cancer
patminehan posted:
Am new to this venue. Am looking for scientifically based answers. Someone close to me was diagnosed 15 months ago with stage 4 colon cancer. Recent CTscan showed minimal growth in colon and liver cancer, a little growth in a left lung nodule, and a new nodule (9mm) in rt lung. There has also been a significant increase in acitis. Is colon cancer typically slow growing? What is the significance of increased acitis? Are there ways to relieve the fluid in the belly without it returning in a few days? What time frame is realistic for the life of this person? I don't mean to offend anyone, but am not looking for stories of others' experiences. Would appreciate input from the medical community. If this is not the right venue for what I'm seeking, someone please let me know. Thank you. Pat M. patminehan@comcast.net

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center