Skip to content
SCAREd - please read
Anon_11642 posted:
Hi say, 9 years ago I had a colonoscopy and dr said it was clear so not to have another one until 10 years - that is the Medicare guidelines.
Last year I did the fob test where you poke at your stool six times and put in this vial of liquid and send it in. It was ok last year.

I wanted to get a colonoscopy this year but they said not until next year but to do the fob test again.

Well, you guessed it - it came back positive - see the dr in a week. Now I am worried - I did kind of strain to get the specimen as I wanted to get it overwith. I do have hemmorhoids but did not see any blood on paper at all or visually either.

I am 70 years old now so guess I'm in the age bracket of some bad news. Nurse said something about barium test and/or colonosocopy - how can I keep myself calm.

I am trying to remember but think I did those sheet things periodically during the 9 years but not every year.

Anyway, can anyone offer me some good advice please. Thank you.

georgiagail replied to stellagonzalez's response:
Stop with the SPAM!

Helpful Tips

giving blood saved my life
My iron count was too low to give blood. This can come from internal bleeding. I jumped my colonoscopy schedule by 2.5 years. They found a ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center