Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
feelings after your miscarriage.....
jessiekz posted:
I took the meds to induce my miscarriage last week at 11 weeks...
I'm still bleeding but cramping is gone. It felt like a long ordeal but physically I'm better. I felt like I was a bad person though....... during it I felt...... emotionally.... NOTHING... I couldn't understand it... but yesterday the floodgates opened in a WAVE...Now I'm struggling with raw grief... has anyone else experienced this?

mochabanana responded:
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I know what it's like, I had a d&c done. It was really hard and I had many breakdowns.

It is a grieving process. And it will take time. Since we all deal with it differently, I can't tell you what to do or not do. But I will tell you that the more you try to prevent yourself from going through the process, the worse it's going to be and the longer it will last.

I know when I went through I just had to keep myself going. I kept telling myself that being sad was fine and even feeling guilty, but I couldn't get depressed (I struggled with depression before and I knew I couldn't go back there). I just took it one day at a time. I was numb for a while, and then I would have a breakdown. I almost felt crazy for a while, mourning over a babies I never met, but then I realized that just because I never held them and laid eyes on them didn't mean I didn't know them. They had lived in me, even if only for a short time.

Try to stay strong and hopeful. People are here to support you and we understand what your feeling.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I were married April 2005. We started TTC in August of 2005 b/c we knew that due to my family history we would have difficulty conceivi...More

Helpful Tips

my loss
I have three girls, you would have been my fourth baby. I have three children left to brighten my day, make me smile and forget for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!