Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
feelings after your miscarriage.....
jessiekz posted:
I took the meds to induce my miscarriage last week at 11 weeks...
I'm still bleeding but cramping is gone. It felt like a long ordeal but physically I'm better. I felt like I was a bad person though....... during it I felt...... emotionally.... NOTHING... I couldn't understand it... but yesterday the floodgates opened in a WAVE...Now I'm struggling with raw grief... has anyone else experienced this?

mochabanana responded:
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I know what it's like, I had a d&c done. It was really hard and I had many breakdowns.

It is a grieving process. And it will take time. Since we all deal with it differently, I can't tell you what to do or not do. But I will tell you that the more you try to prevent yourself from going through the process, the worse it's going to be and the longer it will last.

I know when I went through I just had to keep myself going. I kept telling myself that being sad was fine and even feeling guilty, but I couldn't get depressed (I struggled with depression before and I knew I couldn't go back there). I just took it one day at a time. I was numb for a while, and then I would have a breakdown. I almost felt crazy for a while, mourning over a babies I never met, but then I realized that just because I never held them and laid eyes on them didn't mean I didn't know them. They had lived in me, even if only for a short time.

Try to stay strong and hopeful. People are here to support you and we understand what your feeling.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a single mother to a wonderful daughter and am excited to begin my adventure as a moderator with WebMD. I have past experience as a medical tran...More

Helpful Tips

my loss
I have three girls, you would have been my fourth baby. I have three children left to brighten my day, make me smile and forget for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.