Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Resuming sexual intercourse after miscarriage...how soon is too soon?
cboden10 posted:
As emotionally difficult as it's been dealing with the loss of our baby, (according to recent labwork I was only 3-4 weeks along but to my husband and I it was still a baby...), my husband and I feel ready to be intimate again (and are armed with all the tools to prevent another pregnancy for the time being). My concern is with the timing. The pain I had resolved itself within the first few days, and the bleeding stopped just a few days ago on the 27th. (I had been bleeding for roughly 2 weeks). At this point my main concern is with infection. As my luck would have it it's the weekend and I have not been able to reach my family doctor with questions/concerns.

mochabanana responded:
First of all I am sorry for your loss. And to echo your statement, it was a baby, not just to you and your husband. While other people may say what they want about it, to the women here (and their supportive families) it was a baby even if only 3-4 weeks.

As far as infection goes, I wouldn't worry. If it has been about two weeks since the miscarriage and you haven't shown any other infection signs or had any pain that may indicate an infection then sex should be fine. I lost babies in April and had a D&C and 12 days later my hubby and I had sex and no issues from it. As long as you feel up to it, then I would say go ahead.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I lost my baby Raymond Lee on Febuary 14, 2011. I miss my angel and I think and about him EVERYDAY . "Raymond mommy loves you and you are not F...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.