Skip to content
Resuming sexual intercourse after miscarriage...how soon is too soon?
cboden10 posted:
As emotionally difficult as it's been dealing with the loss of our baby, (according to recent labwork I was only 3-4 weeks along but to my husband and I it was still a baby...), my husband and I feel ready to be intimate again (and are armed with all the tools to prevent another pregnancy for the time being). My concern is with the timing. The pain I had resolved itself within the first few days, and the bleeding stopped just a few days ago on the 27th. (I had been bleeding for roughly 2 weeks). At this point my main concern is with infection. As my luck would have it it's the weekend and I have not been able to reach my family doctor with questions/concerns.

mochabanana responded:
First of all I am sorry for your loss. And to echo your statement, it was a baby, not just to you and your husband. While other people may say what they want about it, to the women here (and their supportive families) it was a baby even if only 3-4 weeks.

As far as infection goes, I wouldn't worry. If it has been about two weeks since the miscarriage and you haven't shown any other infection signs or had any pain that may indicate an infection then sex should be fine. I lost babies in April and had a D&C and 12 days later my hubby and I had sex and no issues from it. As long as you feel up to it, then I would say go ahead.

Spotlight: Member Stories

On Aug 7, 2011 I went into the ER with massive cramping, and excruciating pain. I was 10 weeks pregnant, and I was spotting for a couple of days. Fou...More

Helpful Tips

my loss
I have three girls, you would have been my fourth baby. I have three children left to brighten my day, make me smile and forget for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!