Skip to content
Still in shock
britt200408 posted:
I was pregnant with my second child and had my first ultrasound on Wednesday (11/9). I thought the tech acted weird and I didn't get to hear the heartbeat or even see anything on the screen, and I should have been 9wks6days. I remember hearing the heartbeat with DS at 6 1/2 weeks. Anyway, I got a call from the dr today and he said that the baby didn't make it past 6 weeks. I am scheduled for a D&C on Monday afternoon. I have never had a m/c before and I haven't ever had any health issues, so I guess I kind of felt like it would never happen to me.

It is so surreal to think that I have been carrying this baby for the last 4 weeks and had no signs at all that it wasn't alive. Looking back, I never had any strong pregnancy symptoms and it did worry me but I thought I was just lucky this time around. I never had any cramping, pains, spotting, or anything. I know that this happens sometimes and I do have a great support system.

I can't even say "I had a miscarriage" yet, because I think I am still in shock. I cry for a minute, then I feel fine, then I cry again for no reason. I understand that this will be a process and I am just ready for it to be over.

DH has been wonderful and he immediately held me and said we will just try again as soon as possible. I love him so much, and I love our perfect son that we already have. I am thankful for what and who I have in my life, and now I have a little guardian angel.

Sorry this was so long and I rambled a bit. I look forward to being able to share support and encouragement with you ladies and make this process a little less lonely.

nicram8683 responded:
I am so sorry for you loss. I also had a m/c at 5 weeks in Sept. This was to be our second child as well. Like you I also never thought that could happen to me. I know that sometimes in 1st pregnancies it can happen, but all I kept thinking is "I have been pregnant before, why didnt it work". Luckily I had a great Dr who explained a lot to us. Your body is an amazing thing and in my case, it disposed of something toxic to my well being. Dr. was sure there was a chromosomal issue with the embryo. It doesnt take away the pain at all, but I was glad to have some sort of explanation. I had a natural m/c so I did not have a d&c so I can not advise on that.

For every person it is different. I cried at random times after the loss. But I knew more then anything, I wanted to get pregnant. So with the approval of our Dr. and support of my husband, we resumed trying right away. Only you, your husband, and Dr. will know whats right for you. I wish you the very best while going through this difficult time.

kelly091582 responded:
I am sorry about your loss,but I know how you feel. I had a m/c at 6wks2days. But didnt find out out until I thought I was nine weeks. I thought the same things as you how did I not know. This all happen in Oct 13 and this is the first time that I could make myself get on here. This would have been my second child too. With out and my husband I could not have made it through. We will try again. I just think how did I not know did I do something. I have a great dr and he explained everything to me and there could have been something wrong but it still doesnt make it easier..... I just glad that I got to tell someone my story and I am not the only one out there.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Christina - Texas - Married to DH May 2003, 1 D/S Oct-2003, 1 M/C April 2010, 2nd M/C possible Twins 6/2010 currently TTC #5/6 was a member of the We...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.