Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
miscarriage and d & c
keemarley posted:
Hello ladies, thought I'd share my story in case anyone had something similar happen to them. I found out that I was pregnant at the end of September after the second month of trying. I was so excited because it didn't take long for us to conceive. I had my first Dr.s appointment at 6 weeks which was just a general appointment. I then had my second appointment at what was supposed to be 8 weeks. During the ultrasound, the baby only measured at 5 weeks 6 days, the doctor came in and told me that my lmp wasn't adding up to the size of the baby and to come back in 2 weeks to have another ultrasound. I asked if there were something wrong and she said she couldn't tell at the time and that they heard a heartbeat but couldn't tell if it were mine or the baby's. I was worried at first then I thought if God wants me to have this baby then everything will be fine. I tried to prepare myself in case there was something wrong but its hard to do that for something you want so badly. When I went back to the doctor, I was told that the baby stopped growing and measured around the same size as before. I was upset because my body gave me no indication that there was something wrong, I still had all of my pregnancy symptoms. My Dr. said that sometimes when the baby passes, that your body still supports the pregnancy because it doesn't know that the baby has passed away. I was immediately scheduled for a d & c within a couple of days. I was very disappointed but I realized that there was probably something wrong with the baby and that everything hadn't come together as it should. My husband and I plan to try again when my Dr. gives us the OK. I already have a daughter who just turned 2 which helped me since I already have a child. Good luck to everyone.

J9812 responded:
I'm sorry for your loss. My husband and I recently found out we were pregnant and had my first prenatal appointment on 11/11. At the appointment, they did ultrasound and couldn't get a heartbeat. Pregnancy measured at 6wks when it should have been measuring at 7. So we went back the following week, where we learned that they still could not get a heartbeat. Pregnancy should have measured at 8weeks but was still measuring at 6. I opted to pass naturally instead of D&C, and am still waiting. I have had no major symptoms, only some dizziness the past two mornings. No bleeding yet and I absolutely hate waiting, but can't bring myself to schedule D&C. This was our first pregnancy and so were extremely disappointed and heartbroken when doc told us it was a miscarriage.

I wish you well and hope you have a good recovery.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im Becky I have 2 boys. My husband and I loss our oldest son on April15,2008. He was a stillborn. And our 2nd son will be 2 in June.

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.