Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Still devestated....
AJBARNETT posted:
My husband and I struggled for about a year trying to conceive, after a few months of fertility pills, we finally succeeded. I went for my first appt at 7 weeks, everything was fine. Went for my 2nd appt, at 11 weeks, only to find out I had miscarried. Total blow...everything had been fine. It's been 5 weeks since I had my D&C, and I'm still having breakdowns. I don't care to leave the house, altho I do for work of course. I just can't seem to move past this, yet we want to try again, in hopes that a new pregnancy will help cope. On the same note, I'm scared to death to get pregnant and have this happen again. I guess I just needed to talk this out, and talk to other women who've been thru this also. Any tips on how to cope with this horrible emotional pain would be greatly appreciated. I guess I need to know that I'm not crazy, altho lately I feel like I am.

jenkoelenko responded:
I'm sorry you're feeling so much pain. Know that you're not alone, and you're NOT crazy. It is an incredible blow whenever it happens, no matter how far along you are. I know that right now you have no idea how you'll ever get past the feelings of loss and grief, or how you'll be a complete person again after having what feels like a part of your soul suddenly ripped from you. It's hard. My hubby and I have been trying to get preggers for over 4 1/2 years, and we finally had a BFP in August. at my drs appt in end of sept, they couldn't find my baby again. I had a missed misscarriage. So many days full of tears... It was 2 months ago,and things have gotten much better for me, but I still have those tough days. Last Sunday I was bawling for most the day. There will be days like this. I don't think its something we'll ever forget, but I know, for myself, that I don't want to Ever forget. The pain will subside, but the memories, I hope, will stay.
As for coping, what's helped me is talking about it. Talk about it with your hubby and maybe your mom, sister, or a close friend who's had a misscarriage. Another thing that's helped is finding something that you enjoy (mine is card-making) and just delve into that. Dive in and go crazy with something that you like to do.
I know this was kinda long, sorry... but I hope that something I said will be of some small help to you! I wish you good luck and happy moments!

RoseLynn02 responded:
I lost a baby when I was 17. That was 8yrs ago. Now I have 2 daughters. I feared everyday of both pregnancies that something would go wrong again...sometimes I'm still scared something will happen even though they are 3yrs & 1yr. I think everyone handles this differently, but I don't really have any advice...only wanted to say that I will keep you in my thoughts & I hope things work out better for you if you decide to try again.

Spotlight: Member Stories

in 2010 i was diagnosed with endometriosis. I was told one of my fallopian tubes was blocked and the other one was slow. They said it would be very di...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!