Skip to content
Going thru a miscarriage right now...
kolbycheese posted:
Hi,

I found out yesterday that the baby stopped growing. I kind of knew that anyway since this pregnancy started out a little weird. I got off the pill October 4th and think I got pregnant right away. Symptoms within a couple of weeks. But they could never date the pregnancy.

My first ultrasound showed I was around 4-5 weeks pregnant; which was about 4 weeks earlier than I thought. I guess it stopped growing around 4-5 weeks. I started bleeding Sunday and am having a "regular like" period since. I went to the doctor yesterday and he said the yolk sac has not collapsed yet and so I am going back Wednesday. I'm guessing he will check me again.

I just do not want a D&C, so I am hoping it passes on its own. I thought I would have major cramping and lots of blood with a miscarriage, but none of that so far. Is it coming or is it normal to have a normal period flow?

BTW, my doctor told me that if I want to try again, there is no waiting period. He said my hormones will be very high right after a miscarriage and that he sees plenty of girls in the office the month after a miscarriage starting another pregnancy. It happened to my sister. She got pregnant the month after each of her two miscarriages.

Thanks for listening.

Kelli
Jack (9)
Sam (6.5)

gigib16 responded:
Kolby first of all how are you?

I too went through 3 miscarriages. 1 was a D&C
1 came without me knowing i was pregnant and the last was
because I had only a sac and no baby. This was my hardest. My doctor wanted me to have the miscarriage pass naturally and it was by far very hard. I had a fever, and lasted about 3 days for me. I have two daughters now older and i hope to eb expecting soon.

kolbycheese replied to gigib16's response:
Hi,

Thanks for asking!!!

I'm sorry you have gone through this 3 times. That would be incredibly difficult, I'm sure!

I hope and pray this is my one and only miscarriage since I do not plan to try over and over.

I hope your next one is successful as well. And, I hope it happens soon for you!

I bled for about one week; with 3 days having LOTS of clots. That was hard because I could not be away from the toilet for more than a few minutes at a time. No serious cramping or fever. As bad as it was, I was still expecting MUCH worse.

We started trying last night (more like "practicing" since it's early still). We will try for a few months and then see where we stand. Since we have two healthy boys at home, I'm not sure how long we will try since it may just not be in God's plans for us.

Thanks again

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelli

HeatherLeigh24 replied to kolbycheese's response:
Hi...

My name is Heather and I am 24. I just found out Wednesday that our baby no longer had a heart beat and the growth was 10 weeks instead of 13. I passed the baby that evening. I do not how to cope with this. It took 3 years to even get pregnant and then this happened.
Seeing the baby it self was hard. I just do not understand any of this i guess. My doctor said there was nothing wrong with the baby and that was just something that had happened. But I catch myself asking, What did I do that hurt my baby?
What is the best way to come over this..?

jenkoelenko replied to HeatherLeigh24's response:
Hi Heather,

I'm so sorry for the pain you're feeling right now. No one knows exactly how you feel, but I think I have a pretty good idea. My hubby and I had been trying for 4 1/2 years to get pregnant. We finally did in July, but then my baby passed and I had to have a d&c end of sept. It hurts, and I'm sorry you have to go through this! It seems especially cruel after trying for so long, to be blessed, and then all the sudden have the experience ripped from you... Whatever anyone says, do NOT blame yourself. That is possibly the most harmful thing you can do, and it will sabotage your healing. We always will wonder if there was anything we could have done wifferently that would have lead to a different future... Don't go down that road! You did nothing to hurt your baby. You were the best mother your baby could have for the time you were together. You loved your baby, and cared deeply for them. I know I cried after reading this poem, but I think it helped me in my healing journey. I say journey, because it won't be a sudden destination...

http://forums.webmd.com/3/coping-with-pregnancy-loss-exchange/forum/686

Getting past the grief is hard, but doable. You'll have better days and bad days (sometimes only seconds apart). Find something that you love to do and delve into it. Mine is card-making. Something I would suggest is something involving others. Serve others. Make cookies for the single mom and 3 kids that live 3 doors down, rake the leaves for the elderly couple across the street

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im Becky I have 2 boys. My husband and I loss our oldest son on April15,2008. He was a stillborn. And our 2nd son will be 2 in June.

Helpful Tips

my loss
I have three girls, you would have been my fourth baby. I have three children left to brighten my day, make me smile and forget for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.