Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Depression after Miscarriage
J9812 posted:
It's been 2 months since my D&C and I feel very depressed. Thankfully, I've decided to call my doctor for information regarding supportive resources. It's been hard, emotionally. I thought I would feel better after my first period following the D&C and I actually did for a little while. My period meant that my body was returning back to it's normal self and that my husband and I could start trying to conceive again. So we tried last month. And I anxiously waited to take a pregnancy test. This week I got my period and was not prepared for the disappointment I would feel after being so hopeful that I could be pregnant. What makes it worse is that everyone says "You've got plenty of time to keep trying....give it time". My brain understands this, yet my heart is still broken. Taking the prenatal vitamins is a daily reminder of how badly I want to have a baby. Getting my period this week was a horrible reminder of the miscarriage and loss that occurred just a few months ago. And I don't feel like I can talk to any of my friends or family about how I really feel. They don't understand. I am looking forward to my appointment tomorrow so that I can finally talk to someone who may understand that the pain has not diminished. For those of you out there who continue to grieve, please know that you are in my thoughts and I hope you are doing well in your recovery.

jent82 responded:
I am so sorry. Of course the pain has not diminished. I can only imagine what you are going thorugh. We can start trying again next month and I can only imagine the disappointment I'll feel if I don't get pregnant next month. It's hard when you dont have feel that you can talk to anyone. I hope you can find some resources to help you through your grief. I would be happy to listen anytime.

alaska_mommy responded:
I hear you. It's been only a week since the miscarriage and already a few of those closest to me have begun to tell me not to go overboard with grieving. I'm the kind of person who likes to talk stuff out, so that means a lot of talking about it with DH, sis, whoever seems willing to listen that I can trust. But DH and sis (who herself has gone through a miscarriage) both sounded like they were trying to tell me to back up the truck a little. I wish they would just ride this out with me and let me do what I need to do to get over this.

I hope you feel like you can post here whenever you need to. Some people I hear also write letters to their little one. Others plant memorial trees. Also I wanted to share a website that I found that sells memorial jewelry in honor of miscarriages/infant loss. www.labelledame.com/miscarriage-infant-loss.html I'm going to buy a necklace there once we have a few paychecks under our belts (hubby didn't work at all last week due to the miscarriage and hospitalization). I think it will help me feel some sort of connection to my baby even though he/she has passed away. Something to keep the baby close to my heart.

Keep us posted~

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a mother of two grown sons, have a great daughter-in-law, granddaughter and grandson. I have fibromyalgia and by the early/mid 90's tha...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!