Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hello . ?? About Miscarriage.
Npeterson12 posted:
I found out on Feb 2nd that i was pergo . i was too excited . On feb 8th I started spotting.. I didnt think it was a big deal so i tried to hold out on going to the E.R because my appointment with my doctor was on Feb 13th . On feb. 10th the bleeding started to get heavier so i went to the E.R. They diagnosed me with a threatened Abortion and said if im going to have a miscarriage its just going to happen ... i went home with the instructions to do light work, no heavy lifting .. Later on that night i lost a large blood clot in the bathroom . so i went back to the E.R . They sent me home telling me to follow up with my doctor in two days .. I was losing blood clots the whole weekend . On feb 13th i had a apppointment with my doctor and she gave me a referral for a sonogram for today . After the sonogram i used to bathroom a there was another blood clot . How long does these continue? Is this normal? Should i go to see my doctor ? Am i losing too much Blood ? Im worried and confused on what to do .

kparso1 responded:
It depends on what the results of the u/s are. Did you get to see a heartbeat or did they tell you that you lost the baby?

Npeterson12 replied to kparso1's response:
they told me that i lost the baby .... it was a empty sac

jenkoelenko responded:
I'm so sorry for your loss. About how far along were you? the farther along, the more placenta you'll have, and that's probably what the majority of the blood clots are. If they're coming one right after another and not really giving you a break, I would call your dr, ESPECIALLY if you start bleeding bright red, not the usual darker hue. Even after I had a d&c I continued seeing blood clots for the rest of the month. If you're really concerned and nervous, call you dr anyways (that's what he's there for, to help you and put your mind at ease), if he's concerned as well, there's some medication that can help. A few days after my d&c I started bleeding like crazy and passing a number of clots within only a couple hours. I called my dr, and he put me on something to tighten my cervix (I believe) and slow the bloodloss. Good luck! let me know if I can help. Happy and healing moments to you

Npeterson12 replied to jenkoelenko's response:
didnt need a d&c and i was 5weeks .i spoke to my doctor about the results of my sonogram and was told i had nothing to worry about .she said thebleeding should stop in a couplee of ddays .i feel way better knowing that and my bleeding did slow up last night .that you so much for your input it makes me feel better to talk to someone that has been in the same situation as me .. Thank you again .

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi everyone!! I am 31, Dh is 26 and we have two fur babies. We have been TTC since October, are having problems maintaining a pregnancy. We have had t...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.