Skip to content
not sure what to do anymore....
JayyCd posted:
So a year and 7 months ago I was 23 weeks pregnant with my first (and so far only) child Leon Vincent James Marcum. All ive ever wanted from life is to be a mom but fate has apparently decided i dont deserve that because tragety struck and for unknown reasons i misscarried my son was dead and there was nothing i could do and people though i was over reacting when i fell into a deep depresion. anyway ive coped with minimal suport from friends and family but my feince and i have been trying to concive again sence i was able to have sex after giving birth to my 1 oz son..... we have obviously been unsuccessfull and im not ready to give up. i also suspect i have pcos but i dont have medical coverage so im kinda stuck. i dont know what to do next and i dont have anyone to relate to or talk to who has overcome this obsticle.... can someone help me?

teacherbeck responded:
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my son Jackson at 20 weeks of pregnancy; I do not think your depression was overreacting, I am so sorry people made you feel that way!

People don't know how to respond; they say and do dumb things. I hate that, b/c it makes it worse

As for trying again, there is another board on webmd called TTCAL (trying to conceive after loss) and it is made up of women like us who have had one or more losses and are currently trying to get pregnant. They have a lot of advice, lots of knowlege.

The best advice I have is try Ovulation Predictor Kits and use them for a few cycles to see when you ovulate. I bought a pack of 50 for $10 off Amazon. The kind I bought are super cheap (work great though!), so you pee in a cup & dip the strip for a few seconds and read the results within 5 minutes. You do that every day starting on about day 10 or so of your cycle (day 1 being the first day of your period), and when your body has a surge of a certian chemical about a day BEFORE you ovulate, the strip will show it b/c the two lines on the test strip will match in color (up to that day, the test line will be lighter or barely visible). This shows you when you are about to release an egg (ovulate) so you know that the following 2-3 days are the ones in which you could get pregnant.
There are easier OPKs out there, I just get the kind you have to dip b/c they are so so so much cheaper.

If you cannot afford to go to the doctor, I would suggest doing that at least 2 months and write down the results on a calendar. This can help you see if you are ovulating each month, and if your cycle is regular. The info could also be helpful for when you do go to the GYN again.

(((hugs))) Again, I am so sorry for your loss.
I hope to see you on the other board, this one can be really slow but the other one has people on it every day.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Engaged to a wonderful man w/two beautiful daughters. Recently miscarried at 12 weeks. Having a hard time coping.

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.