Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Does the sadness go away?
Daniela71497 posted:
I had my first miscarriage last week and my D&C was last Thursday evening so this is all still so new to me. This was not my first pregnancy, I have a DS and a DD so this would have been my 3rd but seems like no matter how many kids you may or may not have, it doesn't make things any easier.

Do these feelings of sadness and emptiness ever go away? Everytime I think I am ok I jut out of nowhere get really emotional when I think about it. I don't feel ready to face people at work yet and I have to work tomorrow. Just wondering if this will eventually et any better???

I'm going to go get myself a pandora charm "close to my heart" so that I will always have something to remember. I hope that helps but do far nothing seems to help.

RoseLynn02 responded:
I lost my baby 9 yrs ago....it would of been 8yrs old this yr. I still think about it, I still occasionally dream about it, & I even still cry about it at times. But it does get better & it does get easier & even though I still hurt sometimes, I never want to let that go & I never want to forget my little angel. I would say it's a little different for everyone, but you will be ok in time.

jossanasmomma responded:
It gets better but takes awhile. I found that after about a week I could function, and after a month or so I was a lot better. But then the due date came around and I was a mess again. It doesn't matter if you have children or not, it is a very painful experience for everyone. Planting a tree in our yard seemed to help a little, but really it's just like losing a loved one. Hang in there. Seek help if you need it. Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I lost my baby Raymond Lee on Febuary 14, 2011. I miss my angel and I think and about him EVERYDAY . "Raymond mommy loves you and you are not F...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.