Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Could I be pregnant again???
tiffanymcbee1215 posted:
I recently went through a miscarriage with d&c on february 15 however, I still haven't gotten my period. Is is possible we could be pregnant again and when would be a good time to consult with my dr???

blueeyebaby responded:
You may have a longer cycle this time a round since you had a D&C. Your HCG levels were not back to 0 when you had the D&C so as they lowered, it could throw off O time for the month. If you were BDing through this cycle...it could be possible although it may just be a longer cycle. My dr told me to wait for bding for 6 weeks so I just waited for a new cycle to start. I guess you could test and if neg, give AF a week to show up and test again. I know a lot of people have a 40-50 day cycle after a m/c and/or d&c. I am so sorry for your loss.

britt200408 responded:
I know that after my D&C I didn't have my period until almost exactly 6 weeks later. It is a rough thing emotionally to go through, because you can't help but get your hopes up. I would take the previous advice and wait a while. I know you posted this a week ago, so if you still haven't started a the HPT gives you a negative, maybe call your doctor if you're worried. Best of luck to you on this journey!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a wife and mother. I have had 2 miscarriages-one in 1998 & another in 1999. I just gave birth to a baby girl on Jan 21, 2011 but there were s...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.