Skip to content
Could I be pregnant again???
tiffanymcbee1215 posted:
I recently went through a miscarriage with d&c on february 15 however, I still haven't gotten my period. Is is possible we could be pregnant again and when would be a good time to consult with my dr???

blueeyebaby responded:
You may have a longer cycle this time a round since you had a D&C. Your HCG levels were not back to 0 when you had the D&C so as they lowered, it could throw off O time for the month. If you were BDing through this cycle...it could be possible although it may just be a longer cycle. My dr told me to wait for bding for 6 weeks so I just waited for a new cycle to start. I guess you could test and if neg, give AF a week to show up and test again. I know a lot of people have a 40-50 day cycle after a m/c and/or d&c. I am so sorry for your loss.

britt200408 responded:
I know that after my D&C I didn't have my period until almost exactly 6 weeks later. It is a rough thing emotionally to go through, because you can't help but get your hopes up. I would take the previous advice and wait a while. I know you posted this a week ago, so if you still haven't started a the HPT gives you a negative, maybe call your doctor if you're worried. Best of luck to you on this journey!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am almost 25 years old, married to a wonderful man since 07-07-07. I had my first m/c on Dec. 28, 2008, my 23rd birthday. I then became pregnant and...More

Helpful Tips

my loss
I have three girls, you would have been my fourth baby. I have three children left to brighten my day, make me smile and forget for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.