Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How long?
Anon_137798 posted:
Two days after my mom in law passed away, I began to have major pain and heavy bleeding with large clots. I went to my doc, who ordered tests and found out that I miscarried.Two weeks later, I had a D&C and when I went for the 2 week checkup afterwards, the doc was surprised that my blood test still showed I was pregnant (high levels of the pregnancy hormones, I was told). I had an ultrasound done but there was no evidence of a baby. She told me that I was to take weekly pregnancy tests until the test becomes negitive. Now it's been 4 weeks and all of my tests are still positive! How long should I take tests or should I return to my doc for another ultrasound? These tests are cruel reminders of the loss I experienced.

RoseLynn02 responded:
I would just go back to the doctor. That's a long time to still be showing pregnant I would think. I assume you haven't had a period yet either then? Maybe there is something else they can do, but either way I wouldn't want to take weekly pregnancy tests like that either....way to depressing. I'm sorry.

jossanasmomma responded:
I am so sorry. It does seem so cruel, and doesn't help you to move forward. How far along are you? There's no chance there's an ectopic pregnancy still, is there? I wish you all the best. Please let us know what happens.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a single mother to a wonderful daughter and am excited to begin my adventure as a moderator with WebMD. I have past experience as a medical tran...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.