How long?
Anon_137798 posted:
Two days after my mom in law passed away, I began to have major pain and heavy bleeding with large clots. I went to my doc, who ordered tests and found out that I miscarried.Two weeks later, I had a D&C and when I went for the 2 week checkup afterwards, the doc was surprised that my blood test still showed I was pregnant (high levels of the pregnancy hormones, I was told). I had an ultrasound done but there was no evidence of a baby. She told me that I was to take weekly pregnancy tests until the test becomes negitive. Now it's been 4 weeks and all of my tests are still positive! How long should I take tests or should I return to my doc for another ultrasound? These tests are cruel reminders of the loss I experienced.

RoseLynn02 responded:
I would just go back to the doctor. That's a long time to still be showing pregnant I would think. I assume you haven't had a period yet either then? Maybe there is something else they can do, but either way I wouldn't want to take weekly pregnancy tests like that either....way to depressing. I'm sorry.

jossanasmomma responded:
I am so sorry. It does seem so cruel, and doesn't help you to move forward. How far along are you? There's no chance there's an ectopic pregnancy still, is there? I wish you all the best. Please let us know what happens.