Skip to content
one week after loss and scared
aisilyn posted:
I experienced a miscarraige on April 10th. I was 17 weeks pregnant at the time. I bled for 10 hours straight before they did my D & C. My doctor told me to not have intercourse for 2 weeks and not to get pregnant for 6 months. but on the 15th my fiance and I broke down and had sex. Now I am experiencing abdominal and lower back pain with discharge that is still pink tinted with an odd smell. I am not sure if this is an infection or that maybe i had gotten pregnant since i was told you are highly fertile afterwards and that something is wrong. I'm scared of both options for obvious reasons, the infection could cause serious pain and the pregnancy so soon after a loss could cause complications. I don't know what to do or how to broach the subject with my fiance.

RoseLynn02 responded:
I'm sorry for everything you went through & are going through. I'm not good at listening when doctors tell me to be abstinent either, & I'm sure you already know you should have used protection if you weren't going to listen so no need to go into that. Hunny I would say just be honest. The best thing you can do in any relationship is just be honest, especially when it's the hardest thing to do. That's my experience anyway. Besides, with stuff like this there really is no "easy" way of going about it other than to just say it. Also I would recommend that you make an apt. asap. I wish well & let us know if you need anything else & how things turn out if that's ok?

aisilyn replied to RoseLynn02's response:
I already had a follow up appt for the 23rd. But i mean we never use protection. Any time we have ever used condoms they always break, even the super thick ones, and I can't go on birth control because im allergic to a chemical in it. I mean I told him the risks and we researched it before hand, and we both knew what could happen, but I am scared to tell him the worse case scenario could be happening making it so I have to go back to the hospital for the 4th time in 2 months.

RoseLynn02 replied to aisilyn's response:
I can understand all that. My cousin is allergic to condoms & birth control makes her bleed all month. But still, I know telling him is hard but you still need to be honest. You both knew the risk you were taking so even though it will hurt him & worry him it shouldn't surprise him. Besides the sooner you tell him the sooner you can get the support from him you need & go to the hospital & start taking care of your body &your health so that maybe you can have a baby little ways down the road. Whatever you decide I wish you luck hun. I'll be around if you need to talk.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 21 years old, my boyfriend is 23 and we have been together for 2 and a half years. We just recently had our 2nd miscarriage, exactly one year ...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.