Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Spotting 5 Weeks Post D&C
TaraT1222 posted:
I had a D&C after finding no HB at 11 weeks (stopped developing at 8 weeks) on May 4th. As of today (June 11th), I am still spotting. It's always been brown and light, but 5 weeks?! I canceled my follow-up with my doctor because I am very unhappy with the care I've received throughout this process. I did have one follow-up about a week after, and he said everything was fine. I don't have any cramping or clotting, just spotting. Ready to be done with this whole thing!!!

RoseLynn02 responded:
I'm glad to see you found us here. I usually linger here more than anyone...most people who come have experienced their tragedy recently...mine was 9yrs ago. Anyhow, again I'm so sorry for your loss. After my D&C I spotted for 3 months. You should be fine, but I would suggest finding another dr & getting checked out again as soon as you can. Especially if you were unhappy with &/or had a lack of a trust with your original dr.

babyj1017 responded:
First off, I am sorry for your loss. Secondly, 5 weeks does seem like a long time, but I've never had a D&C so I wouldn't know for sure. As long as you're not in pain, I would guess you're alright. But, if you're not happy with your current provider, I would find another doctor and schedule an appointment to get checked out.

I know what you mean about wanting to be done. I had a natural m/c and started bleeding on Saturday and I am already ready to be done... it's frustrating not knowing how long it will last.

Good luck! My heart goes out to you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I am a 24 year old mother and wife. I have been through one miscarriage, May 2008, and one abdominal pregnancy July 2010. My grief at this poi...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.