Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Spotting 5 Weeks Post D&C
TaraT1222 posted:
I had a D&C after finding no HB at 11 weeks (stopped developing at 8 weeks) on May 4th. As of today (June 11th), I am still spotting. It's always been brown and light, but 5 weeks?! I canceled my follow-up with my doctor because I am very unhappy with the care I've received throughout this process. I did have one follow-up about a week after, and he said everything was fine. I don't have any cramping or clotting, just spotting. Ready to be done with this whole thing!!!

RoseLynn02 responded:
I'm glad to see you found us here. I usually linger here more than anyone...most people who come have experienced their tragedy recently...mine was 9yrs ago. Anyhow, again I'm so sorry for your loss. After my D&C I spotted for 3 months. You should be fine, but I would suggest finding another dr & getting checked out again as soon as you can. Especially if you were unhappy with &/or had a lack of a trust with your original dr.

babyj1017 responded:
First off, I am sorry for your loss. Secondly, 5 weeks does seem like a long time, but I've never had a D&C so I wouldn't know for sure. As long as you're not in pain, I would guess you're alright. But, if you're not happy with your current provider, I would find another doctor and schedule an appointment to get checked out.

I know what you mean about wanting to be done. I had a natural m/c and started bleeding on Saturday and I am already ready to be done... it's frustrating not knowing how long it will last.

Good luck! My heart goes out to you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a healthy daughter, born 11/25/08. July 31, 2009 I lost my son at 25 weeks gestation due to a encephalocele which caused a large whole in the b...More

Helpful Tips

my loss
I have three girls, you would have been my fourth baby. I have three children left to brighten my day, make me smile and forget for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!