Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Recent loss
nnygirl posted:
Today I would have been 9 weeks pregnant with our first baby. Last wednesday I went in for an ultrasound because i was having some light brown spotting that turned into bleeding. The ultrasound didnt look good...the baby was only measuring 5 weeks rather than 7.5 weeks and the heart rate was only 50 bpm...i was prepared for the worst and told my fiance to be too but he was so optomistic it would be ok...my dr. had me go in yesterday to see if things were better but they werent...there was no heart beat and the baby had not grown at all...i felt like my heart had been ripped from my chest..and the worst part was telling my fiance because he was not able to go to the ultrasound with me due to work....my Dr. told me i could either let it miscarry naturally or have the D and C.....i think i will just let me body handle it naturally but at the same time i would like it done and over with...anyone out there had to make this decision? how long did it take you to miscarry?

An_240941 responded:
I'm so sorry. I wish I could tell you how long, but I had a D&C. I couldn't handle doing this naturally...I didn't have the emotional strength for it. Again, I'm so sorry.

nnygirl replied to An_240941's response:
Thank you for your response but shortly after i posted that my miscarriage started. I went through it for two days and could not bear it anymore..the pain and blood loss what un real...I was also passing clots the size of my fist...I was completely soaking a maxi pad every twenty minutes so i called the ER and the OB nurse told me i was hemmorhaging and i needed to come in for a D&C...my fiance rushed me in and i had the D&C done.

An_240941 replied to nnygirl's response:
I'm sorry you weren't able to go through this already difficult situation in the way you had planned,but I'm glad you got to the E.R. & are now physically ok. As you know, under these tragic circumstances there really isn't anything any one can say that seems right or appropriate or helpful...but I'm here if you need to vent. I'm pretty much the only one that lingers here lately & my loss was 9 yrs ago. Mostly only people who are currently just going through or just went through even come in here. but I check in every so often if you need an outside person to talk to ok.

If not well, here are some poems that have helped me...maybe they will help you:

Precious Little One
I`m just a precious little one
who didn`t make it there.
I went straight to be with Jesus,
but I`m waiting for you here.
Many dwelling here where I live,
waited years to enter in.
Struggled through a world of sorrow,
a world marred with pain and sin.
Thank you for the life you gave me,
it was brief but don`t complain.
I have all Heaven`s Glory,
suffered none of earth`s great pain.
Thank you for the name you gave me.
I`d have loved to bring it fame.
But if I`d lingered in earth`s shadows,
I would have suffered just the same.
So sweet family-don`t you sorrow.
Wipe those tears and chase the gloom.
I went straight to Jesus` arms
from my loving Mother`s womb.
~Author Unknown What Makes A Mother
I thought of you and closed my eyes
And prayed to God today
I asked, "What makes a Mother?"
And I know I heard him say
A Mother has a baby
This we know is true
But, God, can you be a mother
When your baby's not with you?Yes, you can he replied
With confidence in his voice
I give many women babies
When they leave it is not their choice
Some I send for a lifetime
And others for the day
And some I send to feel your womb
But there's no need to stay.
I just don't understand this God
I want my baby here
He took a breath
and cleared his throat
And then I saw a tear
I wish I could show you
What your child is doing Here
If you could see your child smile
With other children and say
"We go to earth to learn our lessons
of love and life and fear,
but My mommy loved me so much
I got to come straight here!"
I feel so lucky to have a Mom who
had so much love for me
I learned my lessons very quickly
My Mommy set me free.
I miss my Mommy oh so much
But I visit her each day
When she goes to sleep
On her pillow is where I lay
I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek
And whisper in her ear
"Mommy, Please don't be sad today
I'm your baby and I am here"
So you see my dear sweet one
Your children are okay
Your babies are here in My home
And this is where they'll stay
They'll wait for you with Me
Until your lessons there are through
And on the day that you come home
they'll be at the gates waiting for you
So now you see
What makes a Mother
It's the feeling in your heart
It's the love you had so much of
Right from the very start
~Author Unknown

livelaughmoe replied to nnygirl's response:
I am sorry for your loss, my situation is similar to yours, I miscarried at around 9weeks 2 weeks ago today. I processed naturally, and it was extremely traumatic for me, but I'm glad I did it that way, all natural. I haven't yet got my next period, which I am waiting for. My advice, talk to someone, I didn't went through it in the dark and it was very painful. I still struggle, but each day gets better. I noticed it's been hard, now as people are starting to announce they are pregnant and there due date is right around the time I would have been due. I'm excited to start trying again soon. Peace and love for you during this time.

nnygirl replied to livelaughmoe's response:
Yeah I wanted to go natural but it was just way too much and my blood pressure dropped very fast so my Dr. insisted on the D and C...im glad i did it now... thank you for sharing your story and your words of encouragement.

An_246784 responded:
I was 11 weeks pregnant when I started spotting. They did an internal and external ultrasound. That's when I found out the baby passed between 7 and 9 weeks. There was no heartbeat. I had informed the dr I wanted a D&C but my body decided to go through it naturally that night. I went through my miscarriage for about 5 days. No pain pills or nothing due from neglectful staff. That was almost 2 weeks ago. Still bleeding and cramping (not as bad as those 5 days). I only bled the 1 time really bad until I passed a clot. Then it slowed down. This is something I wish we all never have to go through. All my best to you and hope you are doing better.

itsmegoldie responded:
My situation was not like this. I was having a good pregnancy until my 10th week. I started bleeding and clotting. I went into the ER and it was confirmed a loss. A friend of mine though waited 3 weeks for her little one to pass. The heart rate was not getting any stronger and she was bleeding. She waited a week to see if the pills she was prescribed would work and when they didn't she called for a d&c. That night most of it passed for her but not all of it. She still had to get a d&c three weeks later. That was a week before I had mine. She helped me through it. I was terrified. I'm so sorry for all of your losses. I would prefer a d&c rather than imagining doing it all at home. You all are some strong women that can do that!mommacentral.proboards.com

My_littlebean replied to An_246784's response:
My situation sounds like yours. So sorry to hear your loss, no one should ever have to go through this. I just miscarried at 11 weeks. I have horrible cramping, how did you deal with it? When did your cramping stop? I feel like its never going to end! I am an emotional roller coaster.

sandyc responded:
our daughter just went through this on Friday. She was also 9 wks and found out on Wed that there was no heartbeat. 2 wks prior, everything looked great and was going great. On Wed she was cramping and it got worse and worse, contractions started Thurs evening and we ended up at hospital 1am Friday morning. The D & C had been scheduled for Fri at 7am, but while at the hospital around 2am she delivered and all the pain subsided and was more at ease. Kept the appt at 7 and had the D & C and was lucky that we did, she still had tissue in her cervix along with in the uterus. So please, might I suggest that even when you do miscarry, please be seen by doc and have D & C done; we don't want an infection to start. I am so very sorry for your loss, it is a difficult time!!! Don't give up, this is God's way of fixing something that could very bad later on. This would have been their first and our first grandbaby and it will happen. Stay Strong and trust in God to make it happen in his time!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Sarah. Where shall I start. I has been a long 15 months since all this happened. First, I have two beautiful children my son (10) and daugh...More

Helpful Tips

my loss
I have three girls, you would have been my fourth baby. I have three children left to brighten my day, make me smile and forget for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.