Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
AF after miscarriage
An_246395 posted:
Is clotting normal to happen during your first AF after a miscarriage?
My bleeding from MC stopped about 2 weeks ago.

I had a natural miscarriage, it took a month to actually be finished. It was the longest month I have ever experienced. May 25/12 the ultrasound read baby was 8weeks and I was supposed to be 9 weeks. It was the worst news being my first pregnancy, I was devistated.
It was two weeks (June6) later the MC actually happened, it was incomplete then three days later I had to go to emerg because thats when it was finishing. I was there for 13hrs, 2 IV bags and heart rate monitored. They thought I needed to have a D&C but by the time they prepped me for surgery everything came out, so I didn't end up having one. It was such a horrible experience but I am so thankful for having such a wonderful fiancee who was with me through all of this. He is such a strong and supportive man I don't know what I would have done if I had to do this alone.
I was finally feeling back to my normal self a couple days ago, then AF started yesterday and today I am so emotional, its been such a long and painful process, I hope this just gets better with time.

Take the Poll

Is clotting during your first AF after a miscarriage ok?
  • Yes, this is normal
  • No, go to the emerg/see a doctor
vote
View Poll Results

livelaughmoe responded:
I'm sorry I don't know, I'm currently waiting for AF. It's been 30 days. I've heard, however the first AF can hurt and have clots. Let me know what you find out.

An_244158 responded:
I just recently had a misscarriage as well. I don't want to sound stupid but what does AF stand for?

Spotlight: Member Stories

i'm just a girl who likes helping other girls through experiences we share. i went to VCU and my major was political science (minors in english, s...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.