Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
AF after miscarriage
An_246395 posted:
Is clotting normal to happen during your first AF after a miscarriage?
My bleeding from MC stopped about 2 weeks ago.

I had a natural miscarriage, it took a month to actually be finished. It was the longest month I have ever experienced. May 25/12 the ultrasound read baby was 8weeks and I was supposed to be 9 weeks. It was the worst news being my first pregnancy, I was devistated.
It was two weeks (June6) later the MC actually happened, it was incomplete then three days later I had to go to emerg because thats when it was finishing. I was there for 13hrs, 2 IV bags and heart rate monitored. They thought I needed to have a D&C but by the time they prepped me for surgery everything came out, so I didn't end up having one. It was such a horrible experience but I am so thankful for having such a wonderful fiancee who was with me through all of this. He is such a strong and supportive man I don't know what I would have done if I had to do this alone.
I was finally feeling back to my normal self a couple days ago, then AF started yesterday and today I am so emotional, its been such a long and painful process, I hope this just gets better with time.

Take the Poll

Is clotting during your first AF after a miscarriage ok?
  • Yes, this is normal
  • No, go to the emerg/see a doctor
vote
View Poll Results

livelaughmoe responded:
I'm sorry I don't know, I'm currently waiting for AF. It's been 30 days. I've heard, however the first AF can hurt and have clots. Let me know what you find out.

An_244158 responded:
I just recently had a misscarriage as well. I don't want to sound stupid but what does AF stand for?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a single mother to a wonderful daughter and am excited to begin my adventure as a moderator with WebMD. I have past experience as a medical tran...More

Helpful Tips

my loss
I have three girls, you would have been my fourth baby. I have three children left to brighten my day, make me smile and forget for a ... More
Was this Helpful?
20 of 28 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!