Skip to content
miscarriage
angieflores92 posted:
I had a miscarriage in June, and even though doctors do not believe that a miscarriage can be caused by stress, exercise or sex, I trully believe that my micarriage happened due to a terrible scare. It is too much of a coincidence that a day before I miscarried I got really scared because I had my 3yr old son in a shopping cart and my 5yr old son tried to turn the cart and ended up flipping and fell side ways, I got really scared thinking my sons head had hit the hard floor, but thank God nothing major happened, he only had a scratch on his back caused by the cart. Any how, as soon as this incident happend I got a terrible headache that would not go away, and the next day my miscarriage happened, and the headache did not go away until about 2 weeks after my miscarriage. Is there anyone out there that went through a similar situation? And do you believe my carriage could've happened due to that scare?

colls977 responded:
I am currently having a miscarriage and feel the same way you do. We live in northern NJ and Hurricane Sandy just make her way through. I was petrified that night of the storm and the wind was crazy...I was worried for my 3yr old and 13mth old's safety and my mother works night shift and was driving in the storm. We lost heat and electricity (we were very lucky). I got a terrible headache that wouldn't go away and started bleeding two days later. Went to ER and since I am only 7 weeks they could not tell if the pregnancy is still active. I have to see my OBGYN tomorrow to get more blood work done. I do feel like the stress of the storm caused this.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 43 years old and just had my second miscarriage (on January 7th 2011 pregnant with twins 10 weeks) in seven years my husband was no where to be f...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.