Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Miscarried 10/8/12
maragayle posted:
Hi ladies,

I'm new here, but have frequented some of the other boards. DH and I have been TTC for over 2 years now. I have PCOS and had been taking Metformin and Femara when we were finally surprised with our first BFP ever on 10/4. We we so happy!

Long story short, we lost our baby Monday. I went into the hospital due to intense bleeding, cramping and seeing clotting/tissue. They did a pelvic exam and drew blood to test my HCG levels. Today results from my second blood draw have officially confirmed the loss.

I'm amazed by how upset this has made me when I was only 5-6 weeks pregnant at the time of our loss. Already I felt attached to the little baby growing inside of me. I was so happy to finally be giving DH the son or daughter we'd been trying so long for. I know I'm fortunate that I m/c early, but it's hard to see the positive in something that seems so harsh, cruel and senseless.

I'm waiting to talk to my RE about where we go from here. We want to try again. That's scary, too. I'm terrified of having another m/c. I'm terrified of TTC again as well. I don't know that I can do it for another two years. Anyway, thanks for listening ladies.

MissinMySoulmate responded:
I'm sorry for your loss....but I certainly understand your pain. It doesn't matter if you were 5 weeks or 5 months, when you desire to be a parent so much, it's painful no matter what. I didn't even know I was pregnant (though I suspected) when I miscarried but it still put me into a deep depression because my fiance and I talk all the time about growing our family. He has 2 kids and I have 2 from our previous marriages, but we want a DC together! Hang in there, and idk if you're spiritual or not, but it helps me to know that when God deems it the right time, he will bless us with a child.
Take care! ((hugs))

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a mother of two grown sons, have a great daughter-in-law, granddaughter and grandson. I have fibromyalgia and by the early/mid 90's tha...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.