Skip to content
What now?
MissinMySoulmate posted:
A few months ago I had missed my period, not a big deal because I frequently run late and haven't had much of a regular cycle since I came off birth control. After 2 months without a period, I took a pregnancy test, but negative. I started producing colostrum though...again I POAS and negative. Then a couple of weeks later I began cramping strongly and passing large clots and bleeding very heavily. It is my belief that I miscarried. Although it is very painful, I know that if I was roughly 8 weeks along and was not registering on a pregnancy test, it wouldn't have been a healthy baby. I believe in God's timing, and that gives me comfort. Now I'm not sure what to do/expect. It's been a few weeks since the bleeding, the bleeding stopped, then 2 weeks later I started spotting/bleeding, then it stopped 5 days later, and now I'm spotting again. Is this normal? Should I be going to my doctor to check things out or just let my body do it's thing?

An_240941 responded:
If I was in that situation I would go to the doctor to confirm everything is ok and for peace of mine. I'm sorry for your loss. Now it's important for you to take care of you.

simoneisis responded:
I think it's important that you go to the Dr. I'm sorry for your loss. But you want to make sure that nothing is wrong. And you don't have tissue that you haven't passed yet still in your uterus.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a single mother to a wonderful daughter and am excited to begin my adventure as a moderator with WebMD. I have past experience as a medical tran...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 20 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.